Username and password
Students each receive a username and password when they are enrolled in a Queensland state school. This allows access to a range of online services and Sarina State High School's network.
- For existing students, passwords will generally be reset prior to the commencement of the new school year.
- New students enrolling through the year will be able to get their username and passwords from their class teachers, or at the IT room. Note that it can take a minimum of 2 days from a student's official start date for a network account to be generated, and longer in peak times.
Usernames can also be obtained from class teachers. Class teachers can reset a student's password.
Once students know their username and password, they can reset their password at https://owa.eq.edu.au.
Each student enrolled in a state school receives a unique email address which is in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is part of the state-wide Department of Education Managed Internet Service (MIS) which incorporates a filtering tool for inappropriate language in email text and attachments.
Students use their username and password (see above) to access their email through any of the following websites:
This email must be used for all school related tasks, and must not be used for personal or social use. Any communication to Sarina State High School staff must be using school email.
Students should be aware that emails are filtered by the Department of Education Managed Internet Service (MIS) system, and use of inappropriate language, including in attachments, will be detected and emails quarantined. Department of Education and Sarina State High School Behaviour Management Policies must be followed when sending and receiving emails using a school account.
Students use a range of learning tools in their classes. These include:
- Virtual Classrooms through https://elearn.eq.edu.au; students will have received an email with a link to Virtual Classrooms they have been enrolled in
- OneNote through https://www.office.com; students will have received an email with a link to the Notebooks they have been enrolled in by their class teachers
- Learning Place EdStudios through https://students.learningplace.eq.edu.au/; go to My Learning Space at top, then on Studios on the left, then on the class EdStudio. There are also many useful student resources and links in the Learning Place.
Online Office 365 including Student SharePoint and OneDrive
Each state school student has an online Office 365 account which can be accessed using their username and password.
SSHS students can access:
- Student SharePoint
- Online versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote (including Class Notebooks), PowerPoint Outlook
- OneDrive (file storage)
Students can access the Student Sharepoint on any internet enabled device using their school username and password.
Students should save or upload school related files to their online OneDrive which allows access on any internet enabled devices.
A folder should be created for each subject, which is then shared to the subject teacher.
Critical files, including assessment files, should always be uploaded to the relevant subject folder, as these can then be accessed by subject teachers if there are issues with submitting through other required processes.
OneSchool is the school management system that is used in state schools.
Students can use OneSchool to:
- print current timetable
- create and access SET Plan (from Year 10)
Students can access OneSchool using their username and password (see above).
Students have access to Clickview Online which is a video library system containing subject related video resources.