is this subject about?
The main aim of the Visual Art course is to develop creative
thinking, along with technical skills in the application of various art media.
During the course students are able to explore a wide range of techniques and
various art media, as well as develop an appreciation of fine and contemporary
are the main topics covered?
Visual Art students
explore a wide variety of art forms which include:
- The Existence of an Artist
- Revealing the Artist
- Artist with a Cause
- Artist as a Messenger
- Print Making
can this subject lead to after Year 12?
By studying Visual
Art, students could gain access to employment in the following areas:
- Fine Artist – painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist,
- Photography – journalism, magazine/newspaper work,
- Jewellery making – gold and silver smithing
- Theatre, film and television – stage and set design, costume
- Graphic design, industrial design, furniture design, product
design, communication design
- Art administration, art teaching
- Landscape architecture, architecture, interior architecture
- Gallery management, conservation