After extensive research and consultation the BYO (Bring Your Own) Laptop Program is offered to all students in Year 10, 11 and 12.
We believe that technology, and laptops in particular in the senior grades, have the potential to greatly increase the learning capacity of students. In particular, give students:
- Access to knowledge and information through a range of content and apps to support student learning.
- Ability to foster more collaborative, inquiry-based learning.
- Access to media including digital stories, images and videos.
- Ability to develop computer literacy skills, preparing students to better compete in technology-rich workplaces.
- High Engagement factor.
- Ability to personalise learning and provide targeted work to individuals.
It is an expectation that all students in Year 10, 11 and 12 will have their laptop ready for the beginning of the school year.